Thank you for checking out our Full-Time Barista job listing! We encourage you to learn all about this position below and, if interested, submit your application at the bottom of the page.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
OTIS baristas provide enthusiastic customer service and hospitality while focusing on the finer details of coffee preparation. To thrive in this position, a barista should be committed to providing top-notch service while maintaining a cheerful attitude and preparing high quality coffee, tea, and alcoholic beverages. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
The OTIS Craft Collective is dedicated to serving up quality coffee with a warm smile and an invitation to learn more about the process of crafting great coffee, from bean to cup. We encourage a lifestyle that is modeled after the values, the skills, and the wisdom shared with each of us by our own grandparents and other teachers who have had a profound impact on our lives. Our commitment will always be to Crafting, to Connecting, and to Carrying On the legacies of those before us…
Our ideal Barista is passionate about coffee, loves the process(es) necessary for handcrafting anything, and gets excited about serving others in their own warm & inviting way. You’re also someone who loves engaging with others to personally know them, beyond their regular drink order.
* Greeting customers with a friendly disposition
* Taking orders and receiving credit card and cash payments
* Recommending coffee and food products to meet customer needs
* Preparing brewed coffee and espresso beverages at a fast pace while upholding our high standards for quality
* Preparing cocktails and pouring beer and wine
* Executing opening, closing, and cleaning duties alongside other barista duties
* Working as part of a dynamic, high-energy team
* Adhering to all food safety and health practices
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience in food and beverage preparation or customer service preferred (but we will train the right person!)
* Willingness to learn about all aspects of coffee and beverage preparation
* Ability to stand and walk for extended periods
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
* Available to work early mornings, weekends, and holidays
* Able to maintain a positive attitude during high-paced shifts
* Willingness and ability to communicate effectively with both customers and coworkers
PAY & BENEFITS
* $10 - 12/hr + tips (an additional $8 - 10/hr on the average), based on experience
* Employee discount in the OTIS cafe
* Free bag of coffee beans with every paycheck
employment type: Full-time (35-40 hours/week) // location: Lafayette, CO
READY TO APPLY?! LET'S DO THIS.